In mid August Brian and I ventured on a southern California road trip! We spent a week hitting Disneyland, Ventura, Channel Islands, and San Luis Obispo. We were able to spend time with friends and family and create once in a lifetime memories.
This was our first long road trip together, and I’m happy to report that we had the best time and there’s nobody I’d rather be stuck in the car with. However, we did learn some valuable lessons along the way…
- Be flexible! As much as I like to have every second planned, we had the best time when we made unexpected stops and found new adventures along the way.
- Take fresh fruits and veggies! We had our fair share of trashy road trip food but my favorite was having the carrots and hummus or the strawberries from a stand on the side of the road.
- Sirius XM – I live for my Sirius XM the fact that I dont have to keep finding a station and that no matter where we are we have 100+ channels.
- Ask the locals! They have the best tips and know where the best food is 🙂
- Take the scenic route! This may seem obvious but there were a couple times I just wanted to get to our next destination. I’m so happy we didn’t rush and that we took the time to take enjoy every moment.